The big move is tomorrow. I am stumbling around boxes, seem to be covered in assorted mystery bruises and every room looks like a tornado has swept through it. I am wondering how my things manage to unpack themselves and replace themselves in drawers so that it looks like I have not packed at all.
As crunch time approaches and my eyes are bulging further out of my head, a few thoughts:
- Maybe my weeks of playing online Sudoku in the hopes of becoming an internet champion wasn’t the best use of my time.
- Ditto on re-reading every card sent to me by my bestie in high school . A nostalgic revisit of my youth should have been saved for a time when I didn’t need to pack.
- I wonder if it is possible to overdose on Rescue Remedy and if I do overdose will I be so mellow that I won’t care.
- I wish I had interrogated the owner of the neighbourhood dog who freaks out if you are holding a cup of coffee. I have never had a chance to hear the full story.
- I should have eaten more almond croissants from the amazing patisserie down the street when I had the chance. I don’t know why I have become a croissant slacker.
- I am craving vegetables which is a sure indicator that I have become a toxic wasteland of fast food.
- Maybe I didn’t need to spend all that time searching for Nutella recipes so that I wouldn’t need to pack the half empty Nutella jar.
- I am starting to suspect that my last client who saw my (unpacked) boxes and said “don’t worry, the box fairies will come and pack for you overnight while you are sleeping,” may have been lying.